Yes, you're covered for help coming home, this is also known as 'repatriation'. This is part of our medical cover.
More details are below, which have been pulled from our policy wording to help you understand exactly what you're covered for.
- Medical treatment and related expenses e.g. air ambulance home - £10m
- Funeral costs outside of the UK (including taking back a body or ashes) - £5,000
We will cover your emergency medical treatment and related expenses if you fall ill or are injured or are quarantined (on the orders of your treating medical practitioner) or require emergency dental treatment, during your trip, up to the cover limits, for:
1) Usual, reasonable and customary emergency medical treatment, including the costs of rescue or assistance services to take you to a hospital, which is outside your home area.
2) Reasonable related expenses incurred outside your home area for:
- a) Extra costs for transport and accommodation (up to a similar standard to your original booking) if it is medically necessary for you to stay after the date you were going to return to your home. This includes extra costs you have to pay to return to your home if you cannot use your booked transport;
- b) Returning you to your home or your home area, if it is medically necessary because you have a serious injury or illness and you cannot use your booked transport;
- c) Extra costs for transport and accommodation for one relative or friend who has to stay with you or travel to be with you, or to accompany you;
- d) Extra costs for transport and accommodation for your unattended children on the same trip as you who have to stay with you or travel without you to return home.
3) Reasonable related expenses incurred if you die:
- a) Outside the UK, for funeral costs outside the UK; or
- b) Or returning your body or ashes to your home.