Our prices are generally just below the average or the same as the other big-name providers. We don’t promise to be the cheapest, but we don’t want to be either.
There are two big reasons why:
- Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. So if you buy very cheap travel insurance, it’s more than likely to come back to bite you when you need to claim (either by being really difficult or your insurer fights you on the small print)
- Comparing insurance on price is very tough, and you should be careful. Think about what’s important to you and the type of trip you’re going on, compare insurance on how it covers you for this, and then look at price
This is why Pluto, we prioritise:
- Being fair when paying out claims. This is a big reason we partnered with Zurich, who paid out 99% of their claims in 2018
- Making it super easy to submit a claim from your phone, no making it hard for you so you give up before you start
- Explaining your cover to you in crystal clear plain English, so you know exactly what you’re paying for